- She tells Megan Meier's (the victim's) parents to "give it a rest."
- Then she files a police report and get your attorney to try to rewrite history so you can backpedal.
- Then she files a police report on the Meier family for being so angry over the DEATH OF THEIR DAUGHTER they ruined your fuzball table. (everyone knows fuzball tables are worth more than a LIFE!)
- Then she wants everyone to feel sorry for her because now SHE'S being harrassed; once the story comes out.
- Then she tries blame her employee, another teenager, Ashley Grills.
- now... the article below once the Feds FINALLY do what Jack Banas and the lame politicos in O'Fallon, MO failed to do --
Mrs. Drew do you have any sense of RESPONSIBILITY?
Mrs. Drew - you're guilty in our book. Quit your whining. Go to prison. No passing GO, no collecting dime one for your 'pain & suffering.'
By Emma Hughes
Pretended to be someone else and hassled a teen so much she killed herself
MISSOURI MOTHER Lori Drew’s lawyer is now arguing that if she is guilty, then so are millions of other internet users every day.
The case concerns the harassment of a young girl over the net which spiralled out of control when the torment got too much for thirteen-year old Megan Meier, who was subsequently found hung in her bedroom. Drew is charged with one count of conspiracy and three counts of accessing a computer without authorization.
Court papers filed yesterday show that while what Drew did can be seen as wrong, there is no actual legal sanction against it. Drew’s assumed identity of a 16-year-old-boy ‘Josh Evans’ and a count of conspiracy is all she can be pinned for.
Defense attorney H. Dean Steward wrote: “The government, in its zeal to charge Lori Drew with something, anything, has tried to criminalise everyday, ordinary conduct: the wayward or misuse of a social network site”.This causes a problem, as Drew is but a drop in an ocean of people who commit this ‘crime’ every day.
A former computer crime prosecutor, Mark Rasch confirms this point by noting that “the problem with this case is it makes a criminal out of virtually everybody online.”Orin S. Kerr, a former federal computer crime prosecutor points out that “the possibilities for abuse are endless because Web site terms of service are arbitrary”, and so the debate continues.
THE MEGAN MEIER FOUNDATION
CLICK HERE TO DISCUSS THE MEGAN MEIER CASE
WEB HOAX LED GIRL TO KILL HERSELF
MYSPACE HOAX VICTIMS' FAMILY SEEKS JUSTICE
PUBLIC OUTCRY ON THE MEGAN MEIER CASE
A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY EOPC RUNS THIS SITE
EOPC ATTACKED ON TV OVER MEGAN MEIER CASE
JUSTICE FOR MEGAN MEIER
SUPPORT FOR OUR STAND ON THE MEGAN MEIER CASE
MEDIA PEES ON MEGAN AND TELLS BLOGGERS ITS RAIN
THE MEGAN MEIER CASE
NO APOLOGY, EVEN IN DEATH, FROM MEGAN'S 'MURDERER'
LORI DREW: PREDATOR OR INTERNET MARTYR?
LORI DREW: HAPPY; MEGAN MEIER: DEAD
MYSPACE SUICIDE CASE: NOT OVER
MYSPACE SUICIDE CASE - SOME TRUTH AT LAST
LORI DREW - FINALLY INDICTED